Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Melania Trump sues news outlets over escort allegations

02 September 2016, 10:40

Washington - Melania Trump, the wife of US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, on Thursday sued two media outlets that alleged she was an escort in the 1990s.

The suit - filed in state circuit court for Montgomery County, Maryland and acquired by AFP - is against Mail Media, Inc. which publishes the Daily Mail Online, and Webster G. Tarpley, who publishes a blog.

Melania Trump, an ex-model of Slovenian origin, was seeking damages to the tune of $150m.

"These defendants made several statements about Mrs. Trump that are 100 percent false and tremendously damaging to her personal and professional reputation," said her attorney Charles Harder.

"Defendants broadcast their lies to millions of people throughout the US and the world."

"Defendants' actions are so egregious, malicious and harmful to Mrs. Trump that her damages are estimated at $150 million dollars."

Melania Trump is 24 years younger than her billionaire husband. She is Donald Trump's third wife and the mother of their young son Barron.

Harder specialises in cases that involve privacy protection and defamation.

He represented former wrestler Hulk Hogan in his successful lawsuit against Gawker Media, which resulted in a $140m jury award against the entertainment website for releasing a sex tape featuring Hogan and a friend's wife.

The decision caused Gawker to shutter its flagship website, after the court order drove the company to bankruptcy.



Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Four wards to elect new MCAs in b...

This follows the death of former office holders between April and August this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Justice Isaac Lenaola appointed a...

He replaces retired Justice Philip Tunoi.

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...