Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Bill Cosby lodges another appeal in sexual assault case

21 July 2016, 15:28

New York - Disgraced American television legend Bill Cosby is seeking to appeal his sexual assault case yet again to avoid standing trial.

Cosby's attorneys filed the notice of appeal Wednesday asking Pennsylvania's Superior Court to overturn a ruling that denied his third bid to have the case tossed on July 7.

The lawyers again argued that Andrea Constand - who alleges that Cosby sexually assaulted her after plying her with drugs at his Philadelphia home - should testify at a proceeding prior to the trial.

Cosby argues that the sexual encounter was consensual.

Also read: Judge allows Cosby to sue rape accuser over tweets

The pioneering African American comedian has lost three attempts to have the case dropped, clearing the way for a trial over the claims dating back to 2004.

In recent years more than 50 women have publicly painted Cosby as a serial sexual predator.

The vast majority of the alleged abuses happened too long ago to prosecute, meaning the only criminal charge brought against him stems from the 2004 allegations from Constand, who has not yet appeared at a hearing.

Legal discussions have focused mostly on her written records, as well as Cosby's 2005 deposition given as part of his civil suit with Constand.

The three hearings held since Cosby's indictment have focused on procedural matters rather than the merits of the case.

The sitcom megastar who played a lovable family man on the hit 1980s "The Cosby Show" is slated to stand trial, but a date has not been set.



Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...