Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


All 84 killed in Nice truck attack are identified

20 July 2016, 18:02

Paris - All 84 people killed in the Nice truck attack have now been formally identified, according to a top French official, who said on Wednesday the death toll for the Bastille Day carnage has not increased despite several remaining in critical condition.

Prosecutor's office spokesperson Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre said some of the 84 French and foreign nationals who lost their lives after last Thursday's massacre died subsequently in the hospital.

Authorities have not released an official list naming the dead from the July 14 Bastille Day rampage in the southern French city.

In a speech to army reserves on Wednesday, French President Francois Hollande said 15 people wounded in the Nice attack are still in the hospital "between life and death." He praised the French emergency and security services' work during and after the attack in which Mohamed Lahouaiyej Bouhlel, a troubled 31-year-old Tunisian, drove a truck down a seaside boulevard full of people who had watched a fireworks show.

Officials say that five unnamed people remain in custody for possible links to the attack and two of them have had their detentions extended exceptionally beyond the 96-hour deadline. A sixth unnamed person detained over the attack has been released.

- AP

Tags france

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...