Woman injured as toilet explodes
15 September 2015, 18:43
Vienna - A Slovenian woman needed hospital treatment for burn injuries Tuesday after an explosion in a farm toilet believed to have been caused by a build-up of methane, police said.
"When the woman turned on the light there was a sudden explosion, leaving the woman with burn injuries on both arms, hands and her head," a statement from Steiermark state police in southern Austria said.
They said the cause was thought to be a leak of methane from a nearby septic tank that collected inside the toilet cubicle.
A spark from the electrical circuit then caused the gas to explode.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!