Germany probes possible neo-Nazi bombing
18 June 2013, 16:59
Berlin - German prosecutors are investigating whether three alleged neo-Nazis suspected of killing 10 people between 2000 and 2007 were responsible for a bomb attack not previously linked to the group.
A spokesperson for the Federal Prosecutors' Office says the probe was sparked by a defendant's comments during the trial of the group's surviving member, Beate Zschaepe, and four men accused of helping the trio.
Carsten Schultze told a Munich regional court last week that Zschaepe's alleged accomplices Uwe Mundlos and Uwe Boenhardt once hinted they were involved in a 1999 bomb attack on a bar run by a Turkish man in Nuremberg.
One person was injured in the attack.
Prosecutors' spokesperson Marcus Koehler said on Tuesday that the attack was being treated as a case of racially motivated attempted murder.