Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Brazil cops probe killing of family by boy

08 August 2013, 16:22

Sao Paulo - Police were at odds on Wednesday over what happened in the slaying of two Sao Paulo officers and three relatives, who were all found at a family compound shot in the head.

Investigators said they were convinced that the officers' 13-year-old son, Marcelo Pesseghini, killed his parents in one home on the property early on Monday before turning the gun on his grandmother and a great aunt as they slept at a different house in the compound.

Investigators said the boy drove the family car to school, then returned home hours later and fatally shot himself. The pistol that investigators think was used in the killings was found in the boy's hand.

But the commander of the mother's police unit told radio station Bandeirantes that he was "not convinced" the boy was responsible.

Colonel Wagner Dimas said the mother, officer Andreia Pesseghini, recently denounced other officers for robbing ATM machines and suggested that could have had something to do with the killings.

Investigator Itagiba Franco said all indications point to the boy as the killer. He said there were no signs of a break-in or theft.

"If this had been a common crime, the victims would've awoken. There would have been a reaction or fight, and there weren't signs of this," Franco said.

- AP


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
DP Ruto accuses Raila of selling ...

DP Wiliam Ruto has castigated Raila Odinga for seeking western support to fund his 2017 election bid. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Peter Kenneth announces Uhuru 201...

Peter Kenneth has announced that he will support President Uhuru Kenyatta in the 2017 elections. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilon Ochieng
Labour Party to dump both Jubilee...

The Labour Party of Kenya is likely to avoid supportoing both the CORD and Jubilee factions during the 2017 General Elections. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Ukambani MP quits Jubilee, to run...

An Ukambani MP has quit the Jubilee Party, citing voter apathy as his reason behind leaving the ruling coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government launches probe into Po...

The government has launched an inquiry into the circumstances that could have led to two National Police Service helicopter accidents in August and September this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilwon Ochieng
Deputy Governor's ally found with...

The EACC has recovered KES 2 million in fake currency from a close ally of Deputy Governor for Tharaka Nithi Eliud Mati. Read more...