500 feared dead in migrant shipwreck
15 September 2014, 13:47
Rome - Five hundred immigrants are feared dead after a shipwreck in the Mediterranean last week, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) said Monday.
Read also: Explosives, suicide vests seized from suspected Al Shabaab cell
Two Palestinians plucked from the water by an Italian freighter on Thursday after their boat capsized near Malta told the organization that there had been around 500 people on board the vessel, which had been sunk on purpose by traffickers.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!