12 year old boy chokes himself to death as part of online craze
06 June 2016, 17:08
Nairobi - A 12-year-old boy has allegedly died after taking part in a dangerous Internet craze which cuts off oxygen to the brain.
According to the UK Mirror, Karnel Haughton died after taking part in a 'game' in which youngsters film themselves choking before posting the footage on social media.
Haughton is alleged to have been discovered in his bedroom by his mother, who rushed him to hospital soon after.
The boy is alleged to have died soon after.
Family friend Bee Bailey has since posted a warning to parents on Facebook, cautioning them against the dangers of the popular craze.
A GoFundMe page has been started in an effort to cover the cost of Haughton's funeral as well as raise money for his grandmother to attend the ceremony.
Read more at the UK Mirror