Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Wenger defends record as Arsenal crash out

17 March 2016, 17:30

Arsene Wenger has defended his Champions League record after again failing to guide Arsenal past the last 16 of the competition.

The Gunners lost 3-1 against Barcelona on Wednesday, meaning they have not qualified for the quarter-finals for six successive years.

However, Wenger claims that is more down to being victims of unkind draws than anything else.

"We have gone out in the last six years to top sides who won the Champions League after,” he told reporters.

“On one occasion we lost to Monaco but the others are always against Bayern Munich or Barcelona.

Goals from Neymar, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez eventually settled the tie on the night after Arsenal had briefly appeared to make a game of it after Mohamed Elneny’s equaliser.

And Wenger was happier heaping praise on Barcelona’s attacking trio than laying any criticism at the feet of his own side.

"It was a team performance and the quality was good," he said of his players’ efforts.

"I'm disappointed with the result but we played against a team with the best strikers I have seen play together. It is exceptional, they can make chances from nothing.

"Barcelona, going forward in the final third with the quality of passing and creativity, Messi was absolutely exceptional.

"He went for 90 minutes and came out of the game without missing a first touch, no matter where the ball came from. Barcelona have two or three players who can transform normal life into art."

- Sport24


Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...