Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Vidal welcomes end of Barca transfer ban

04 January 2016, 21:00

Barcelona - A year-long ban on European champions Barcelona registering new players came to an end on Monday, finally freeing up summer signings Aleix Vidal and Arda Turan to make their debuts.

Despite the ban imposed by FIFA for irregularities in the signing of foreign players under the age of 18, Barca recorded the second most successful year in their 116-year history.

Luis Enrique's men claimed five trophies in all, including a treble of La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey.

Also read: Wanyama apologises for red card

However, having drawn three of their last four La Liga games to fall two points behind Atletico Madrid at the top of the table, Vidal and Turan are expected to add some much needed depth to the squad for a potential run of 16 games before the end of February.

"Finally, the sanction has ended," Vidal, who joined from Sevilla in June for a reported 20 million euro ($21.7 million) fee, told Barca TV.

And Vidal could make his debut against another of his former clubs Espanyol in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday.

"I don't know when I will be able to play my first minutes, but the boss knows we have been training for months to be in prime condition when he needs us."



Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Four wards to elect new MCAs in b...

This follows the death of former office holders between April and August this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Justice Isaac Lenaola appointed a...

He replaces retired Justice Philip Tunoi.

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...