Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Howe rubbishes Arsenal link

08 September 2016, 19:00

Cape Town - Eddie Howe has rubbished reports linking him with the Arsenal job when Arsene Wenger finally calls time on his career at the Emirates Stadium.

Reports on Wednesday suggested the Bournemouth boss was being lined up as a replacement, and the movement of Jack Wilshere to the south-coast club was part of a wider agreement.

Howe was quick to dismiss the speculation, by reaffirming his commitment to the Cherries.

"I am loyal. I love the town and I want to continue that association for as long as possible," he said. "It's meaningless. I don't want to hear it. I don't need to hear it. I just want to win games.

"It's very hard to predict the future. If you try to then you come unstuck. In football management, you live week to week. You turn a blind eye to speculation and anyone that tells me about it I believe it is not meaningful and it doesn't help me get results for this club."

Bournemouth chairperson Jeff Mostyn has, meanwhile, warned the Gunners against considering Howe.

"We have a man of immense talent and any man of talent, whatever business you are in, is always going to be sought after," Mostyn said.

"We see that very much as a compliment. But Eddie is a Bournemouth boy through and through. He has been with the football club since he was 10.

"There is unfinished business. He wants to ensure that if and when he does move on he will leave a legacy. A legacy that will ensure AFC Bournemouth are a Premier League side, not a side that is aspiring to retain its position every year.

"He has made it clear that over the next two or three years hopefully we can establish ourselves as a thoroughbred Premier League side and only then would he consider moving on."

- Sport24


Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...