Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Conte plans to keep hold of Costa

20 July 2016, 08:22

London - Chelsea manager Antonio Conte insisted Tuesday he has no intention of letting Spain striker Diego Costa leave the Premier League club.

Costa, 27, has been linked with a return to former club Atletico Madrid after a troubled second season in England.

Conte's decision to sign Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi from Marseille increased speculation the temperamental Costa may be allowed to quit Stamford Bridge.

But Conte, who officially took charge of Chelsea earlier this month after finishing his role as Italy coach at Euro 2016, is determined to keep Costa, whose goals propelled the Blues to the Premier League title under Jose Mourinho in 2015.

"Diego is our player. He is a fantastic player, a player with a fundamental importance and there is no problem," Conte told Chelsea's website.

"He stays with us, he is working very hard, he is very happy to work with his team-mates and with me in the new idea of football. He is a Chelsea player.

"He is an important player, a very strong player, one of the best in the world, and I am sure when he goes into our ideas he will score a lot of goals for us."

Chelsea face WAC RZ Pellets in a friendly on Wednesday having lost their opening match under Conte to another Austrian side Rapid Vienna over the weekend.

They will again be without Kurt Zouma as he continues his recovery from a serious knee injury sustained against Manchester United in February, but Conte revealed the France defender is making progress.

"Today he (Zouma) started the aerobic work for the first time," Conte said.

Asked if the 21-year-old was involved, the Italian replied: "No. We wait because we must respect the right time for him.

"We know he is recovering but I know he needs more time to recover. It's important we don't push him.

"I had the same injury and I know from experience when the player is ready to go."



Athlete collapses, dies in Machakos

26 October 2016, 10:15

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
S Mbinya
What to do after breakup

Your life does not end after breakup. Here are tips to move on: Read more...

Submitted by
S Mbinya
Rare gift for President Uhuru Ken...

Young Jubilee supporters have a rare surprise gift for the President. Read more...

Submitted by
George Vodongo
Illegal milk nabbed in Mombasa wa...

Milk powder is considered a sensitive commodity under the EAC Common External Tariff (CET) and attracts an import duty at a rate of 60 per cent. Read more...

Submitted by
S Mbinya
Athlete collapses, dies in Machak...

His coach blamed his untimely death on the supplements the athletes are given. Read more...

Submitted by
S Mbinya
Popular radio presenter found dea...

Grace Makosewe was working for Capital FM before moving to Urban Radio in Kisumu. Read more...

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Four wards to elect new MCAs in b...

This follows the death of former office holders between April and August this year. Read more...