Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Conte: Fabregas still not guaranteed spot in starting line-up

21 September 2016, 14:25

Cape Town - Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has said that midfielder Cesc Fabregas is still not assured a place in the starting line-up even though he scored twice against Leicester City on Tuesday. 

The Blues found themselves trailing 2-0 inside 35 minutes, and after bringing themselves level, Fabregas scored a brace in extra time to lead his side to a 4-2 win over the reigning Premier League champions in the third round of the EFL Cup. 

Despite his standout performance, Conte has refused to guarantee that the Spaniard will be part of the starting group for Chelsea’s Premier League clash with Arsenal on Saturday. 

"I want to win and my choice is done to win," Conte said.

"I don't care what their name is. For me it's important when I call someone to play and they show me my choice is not wrong.

"All the players in my squad are a possibility to play against Arsenal. There are three days before the game and they have the opportunity to convince me to put them in.

"I am pleased for Cesc because he played a good game, he showed me great commitment in the training sessions.

"I am satisfied when I see this behaviour. This is the right way and I want my players to create good competition and, game by game, give me the opportunity to choose the best lineup."

Fabregas has yet to start in the Premier League this season, but he was included in the starting XI for the Blues’ 3-2 EFL Cup win over Bristol City last month.

- Sport24


Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
DP Ruto not affected by Peter Ken...

The DP is not affected by the move to join the Jubilee Party by Peter Kenneth. Read more...