Claudio Ranieri's 5 best quotes
03 May 2016, 14:40
Leicester - Leicester
City's Premier League triumph on Monday saw manager Claudio Ranieri
claim the first top-flight title of his 30-year managerial career.
Here, AFP Sport lists the 64-year-old Italian's most memorable soundbites from the season:
"I told my players: 'When you go on the pitch and you hear the
song 'Fire' from Kasabian, that means they want warriors.' I want to
see them as warriors for the fans."
- Ranieri reveals that the inspiration for the 4-2 win over Sunderland on the opening day was a song by local rock band Kasabian
"From the beginning, when something was wrong I've been
saying: 'Dilly-ding, dilly-dong, wake up, wake up!' So on Christmas Day I
bought for all the players and all the staff a little bell. It was just
- On an unusual Christmas present for his players and staff
"This is not a footballer. This is a fantastic horse."
- On 22-goal top scorer Jamie Vardy
"I am the Sausageman."
- Ranieri, dubbed 'The Tinkerman' during his time as Chelsea manager,
reacts to the news that a local butcher has created a sausage in his
"I always tell my players to find the fire within themselves. A
chance like this will never come around again. Seek that fire -- don't
be ashamed of it."
- Urging his players to believe in their title chances