Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Chelsea, West Brom charged by FA

16 January 2016, 08:31

London - Chelsea and West Bromwich Albion were charged by the Football Association on Friday for failing to control their players during Wednesday's 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge.

An already feisty encounter boiled over following an off-the-ball trip by West Brom's Claudio Yacob, who had already been booked, on Chelsea striker Diego Costa.

The Baggies midfielder avoided a second yellow card and a dismissal before being promptly substituted by boss Tony Pulis.

Albion's James McClean also clashed with Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, while Costa was involved in several skirmishes with Jonas Olsson before reportedly punching a hole in the tunnel wall after the final whistle.

"Chelsea and West Bromwich Albion have both been charged for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion," a FA statement read.

"The charge relates to an incident which occurred in or around the 58th minute of their fixture on Wednesday, January 13, 2016.

"Both clubs have until 6pm on 20 January 2016 to respond to the charge."

Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink referred to the incident on Friday.

Hiddink felt Yacob should have been dismissed and was so frustrated with the performance of referee Anthony Taylor that he expressed his concerns to fourth official Jon Moss. He was taken aback by the reply.

"I told him: 'This is one of the worst referees of the Premier League I have experienced,'" Hiddink said.

"He said to me 'you haven't seen me yet', which was a beautiful remark I think."



Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
DP Ruto accuses Raila of selling ...

DP Wiliam Ruto has castigated Raila Odinga for seeking western support to fund his 2017 election bid. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Peter Kenneth announces Uhuru 201...

Peter Kenneth has announced that he will support President Uhuru Kenyatta in the 2017 elections. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilon Ochieng
Labour Party to dump both Jubilee...

The Labour Party of Kenya is likely to avoid supportoing both the CORD and Jubilee factions during the 2017 General Elections. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Ukambani MP quits Jubilee, to run...

An Ukambani MP has quit the Jubilee Party, citing voter apathy as his reason behind leaving the ruling coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government launches probe into Po...

The government has launched an inquiry into the circumstances that could have led to two National Police Service helicopter accidents in August and September this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilwon Ochieng
Deputy Governor's ally found with...

The EACC has recovered KES 2 million in fake currency from a close ally of Deputy Governor for Tharaka Nithi Eliud Mati. Read more...