Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Bravo to seal City switch on Thursday - report

23 August 2016, 11:38

Cape Town - Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo is poised to finalise a move to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City on Thursday, according to reports in the English press.

The Chile international, who has shared first-team duties with German Marc-Andre ter Stegen since joining the Spanish giants in 2014, has been given the green light to join the Citizens by Barca.

This after the Spanish club reportedly sealed a deal for Ajax Amsterdam keeper Jasper Cillessen.

It has been suggested that the fee is worth around £17m, with the promise of regular first-team minutes said to be a crucial factor in convincing him to swap the Nou Camp for the Etihad Stadium.

In his two seasons with the Blaugrana, Bravo has made 72 appearances, almost exclusively in the Primera Division, while Ter Stegen has donned the gloves in the club's cup games.

The news of Bravo's imminent arrival will in all likelihood expedite the departure of City's out-of-favour goalkeeper, Joe Hart, with City boss Pep Guardiola last week informing the England international that his first-team opportunities would be limited in the coming campaign.

Hart is not short on suitors, however, as Everton, Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund have all expressed an interest in acquiring the gloveman's services.

The 29-year-old has not featured under Guardiola this season, with Willy Caballero preferred between the sticks for the club's first three games of the new campaign.

- News24


Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...