Wanyama rubbishes Arsenal story
23 April 2015, 14:30
Nairobi - Harambee Stars captain and Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama has denied claims that he has spoken to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger regarding a move to the club.
There were quotes published Tuesday by the Sun newspaper detailing an interview that Wanyama had with Wenger which stated that he was the target of a summer move to the North London club.
Wanyama though, came out to stop the spread of the story he describes as false.
" I have to make it clear that I have not said what as been brought up today am professional and will never say that," he said on his Twitter account.
" To cut the story short have never spoken to Wenger," he added.
Wanyama has previously been linked to the Gunners from his days at Glasgow Celtic in Scotland but a move has never come to fruition.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
- News 24