Thika United unveils new signings
15 January 2014, 10:17
Thika - Thika United coach, John Kamau, is upbeat ahead of the start of the new season as the club paraded its new signings.
The mentor believes a blend of youth and experience would help the side challenge for the title that eluded them last season.
Kamau promised to make more signings during the ongoing transfer window period but was positive the new signings made up to now would play a crucial role.
“At one point there are other young players that will be coming on board. So if they can be in position to give me 70 percent of what I need, I think the rest will have to combine forces and get the rest of the 30 percent,” said Kamau.
He said he would give more time to players to enhance their progress.
“Giving players more time ensures that players do develop,” added Kamau.
The newly-signed youngsters were pleased by the move with some terming it a dream-come-true.
“For me this was my dream since I started schooling. Many teams such AFC Leopards, Gor Mahia showed interest in me but I selected Thika because as one can see they believe in youngsters like me. The coach is young. Everybody is young and they are so motivated. They motivate me” said Timothy Ludda, a new signing.
Among the signing are two 18-year-olds from Uganda, Daniel Onjala and Samuel Mwanje.
Other additions are Timothy Ludda and the Ugandan goalkeeper, Harrison Mwenge, as well as former Karuturi Sports goalkeeper Michael Wanyika.
Thika United finished a distant eighth position in last year’s Premier League.
– CAJ News