Southampton's Mane not for sale, says Koeman
21 August 2015, 16:36
London - Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has declared that Sadio Mane is not for sale, following British press reports linking the Senegalese forward with Manchester United.
United are rumoured to have turned their attentions to Mane, 23, after reportedly dropping their interest in Pedro Rodriguez, who joined Chelsea from Barcelona on Thursday.
But speaking after Southampton's 1-1 draw at home to FC Midtjylland in the first leg of their Europa League play-off tie on Thursday, in which Mane played, Koeman said the player would not be leaving St Mary's.
"There is no bid for any player, no bid by the club," the Dutchman said.
"We have to deal about rumours from the press and maybe from Manchester United. I don't know because there is no contact and no bid for nobody and we don't sell any more players. That is very clear in my opinion.
"I spoke to Sadio and I will speak to everybody we have to deal with those rumours. We will always have rumours, but nobody is for sale. We like to continue with these players and that's the most important (thing)."
The fleet-footed Mane joined Southampton from Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg last year and made 32 appearances in his debut season, scoring 10 goals.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!