Nairobi - Former KCB Coach Leonard Saleh has expressed disappointment with the way he was treated by the club.
Speaking hours after he was sacked, Saleh said that while he accepted the club’s decision, he felt they would have conducted themselves in a more professional way.
“The days of someone sending a text message with such news are long gone and unprofessional. They sent me a text on Sunday telling me that they had decided to terminate my contract and that they would pay me my dues.”
The national team coach averred that he felt the decision to fire him had little to do with the team’s results.
“It had nothing to do with performances. That should be judged at the end of the season. Our target was top eight and the difference with Gor Mahia who are sixth was only seven points and it was possible for us to achieve our season’s target.”
Salhe said that he first sensed that something was amiss after the 2-2 draw against Gor Mahia two weeks ago.
“It is something that has been cooking since the Gor game. The officials refused to pick my phone calls and even my assistant coach would not communicate with me. I understand that they met on Monday last week and that is when the decision was made.”
He however says that he will take time out before deciding his next move, “There was life before KCB and there will be life after KCB. I will take a break and then see what happens because the season is about to end anyway.”