Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


S. Korea deny Redknapp comments on Yun

23 May 2014, 17:23

Seoul - The Korea Football Association denied Friday that it had given defender Yun Suk-Young permission to play in English side Queens Park Rangers' money-spinning Championship play-off final against Derby County, Yonhap reported.

Yun's availability for Saturday's top-flight promotion showdown, the richest club fixture in world football, has been the source of a bitter row between the London team and South Korea's footballing body.

The 24-year-old had been due to join the national squad's training camp on May 14 ahead of the World Cup in Brazil but has remained with his club as they bid to bounce back to the Premier League.

On Friday, QPR boss Harry Redknapp told Sky Sports that South Korea coach Hong Myung-Bo had allowed the defender to be part of the second tier finale, which is worth around 120 million ($202 million) to the winner.

"It's fantastic that the Korea coach has allowed him to stay in England and be part of our team for the game. We are delighted with that," Redknapp said.

But Yonhap news agency quoted an unnamed KFA official as saying the former Tottenham boss's remarks were not true.

"We've never given QPR the permission to keep Yun," the official said.

"For the past few days, QPR officials haven't answered our calls. Coach Redknapp's comments make no sense at all."




Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
William Korir
Machakos no longer a CORD zone, M...

Machakos is now a Jubilee Party zone and no longer CORD, Governor Alfred Mutua says. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
REVEALED: Why Kalonzo attacked Uh...

There was no holding back for CORD co principal Kalonzo Musyoka as he spoke his mind during Mashujaa Day celebrations in Machakos. But why? Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
I will step down if I lose in 201...

President Uhuru Kenyatta says that he is ready to step down from office if he loses the 2017 General Elections. Read more...

Submitted by
George Vodongo
President renews calls for nation...

President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on Kenyans to instead focus on unity, cohesion and prosperity as the country approaches the campaigns period. Read more...

Submitted by
S Mbinya
What causes cellulite?

Cellulite usually affects the thighs, buttocks, waist and upper arms.  Read more...

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
IEBC selection panel settles on B...

The panel appointed by President Uhuru Kenyatta to recruit new IEBC commissioners has picked Bernadette Musundi as its chairperson. Read more...