Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Ronaldo accepts he made a mistake, says Ancelotti

30 January 2015, 18:35

Madrid - Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said Friday that Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo admitted he made a mistake and would accept his two-match ban.

"He made a mistake and knows it," Ancelotti said after the World Player of the Year was banned after being sent-off for lashing out at Cordoba defender Edimar during Real Madrid's 2-1 win last weekend.

Ronaldo apologised after the match but will miss home games against Real Sociedad and Sevilla, but will be free to feature against La Liga champions Atletico Madrid on February 7.

Madrid currently lead Barcelona by a point at the top of La Liga, but also have a game in hand.

"He was the first to say sorry, that clears everything. I think he made a mistake and he knows it only too well," Ancelotti said.

"Now he's going to serve his penalty and I hope it won't happen again. He's going to use this time to work well and be in top form to return for the derby."

Ancelotti dismissed reports that Ronaldo was suffering left knee problems.

"The problem he had with the tendon last year has been totally resolved, he has no problem, none at all," said the Italian.

"He always seems at top level to me. It's possible that some think that he isn't because of physical problems, but he has none."

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!



Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...