Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.

 

Rafa not ruling out winning the title

26 December 2012, 10:16

England -  Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez said on Tuesday he hadn't given up hope of overhauling Manchester United's 11 point lead in the English Premier League and winning the title.

The 52-year-old Spaniard - who has struggled to win over the fans since he replaced Champions League winning manager Roberto di Matteo on November 21 - have won five of their last six games in all competitions and scored 13 goals in their last two.

Benitez, whose side play Norwich away on Wednesday coming in on the back of an astonishing 8-0 humbling of Aston Villa on Sunday, said he would not accept defeat in the title race for a while yet.

"We will see after two or three more games," said Benitez, who had been out of management for almost two years when Chelsea came calling.

"You could see the team had confidence in themselves, they believed, and that was there to the end.

"They had good movements, created chances. Now we have to sustain this run and it will be easier for me to say we can compete."

- Sapa / AFP

NEXT ON NEWS24 KENYAX

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government raises Ebola warning l...

The government has raised the Ebola warning level and will begin screening at most of the country's entry points. Read more...

Submitted by
KISIKA SAMUEL
Senate, National Assembly to clas...

The supremacy battle between the Senate and National Assembly will be determined on Thursday at Nyayo Stadium when members of both Houses compete in various sporting activities. Read more...

Submitted by
Ken Wekesa
Two more Mpeketoni attack suspect...

Two more men have been charged before the Mombasa law court in connection with Mpeketoni attacks that left over 60 people dead. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government raises County funds to...

County governments will now receive KES 226.7 billion, representing 43 % of the national revenue according to a new law signed by President Uhuru Kenyatta. Read more...

Submitted by
KISIKA SAMUEL
Mobile Phone Company CEOs warned ...

The Information, Communication and Technology Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matiang’i has warned CEOs of mobile phone services against activating unregistered Sim-cards. Read more...

Submitted by
Arap Yego
KES50m loan scheme launched by Bu...

The county government has begun the disbursement of KES50 million that it had set aside to support micro and small enterprises in each of the 45 wards in the region. Read more...