Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


PSG offer Beckham big bucks

26 November 2011, 14:45

London - French league leaders Paris St Germain have put together an attractive offer to entice former England captain David Beckham to join them in a short-term deal, the Daily Mail reported on Friday.

PSG - flush with cash after the arrival of new Qatari owners in the summer - have become the favourites to sign Beckham after the 36-year-old revealed he has been courted by "two big European clubs" after helping the Galaxy to the MLS title last weekend.

And PSG's sporting director Leonardo said earlier this week he had been in touch with the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star, whose contract with Los Angeles Galaxy contract runs out at the end of December.

According to the Mail, Beckham is considering an offer from PSG for an 18-month contract worth a £11.6 million with PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi seeing him as the star turn to help turn the club into a top name.

Beckham has previously ruled out a return to England saying he could not envisage playing for any side other than United, and the Mail reported that with money "no object for their Qatari owners" PSG held the whip hand following what the paper described as "lengthy negotiations with Beckham’s representatives."

PSG are desperate to land their first league title since 1994 and beyond that ramp up their profile worldwide.

Helping their cause, former AC Milan manager Leonardo already has a good relationship with Beckham having coached him during his loan move at the San Siro last year.

"If Beckham thinks about coming, that's something we should be happy about," Leonardo said quoted in The Sun newspaper earlier this week.

"I think he can still bring something on the pitch with the person he is and the experience he has."


Join in the conversation on News24 Kenya’s Facebook page

Get the latest news by following us on Twitter


WRAP: English Premiership

23 October 2016, 09:33

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Wilon Ochieng
Labour Party to dump both Jubilee...

The Labour Party of Kenya is likely to avoid supportoing both the CORD and Jubilee factions during the 2017 General Elections. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Ukambani MP quits Jubilee, to run...

An Ukambani MP has quit the Jubilee Party, citing voter apathy as his reason behind leaving the ruling coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government launches probe into Po...

The government has launched an inquiry into the circumstances that could have led to two National Police Service helicopter accidents in August and September this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilwon Ochieng
Deputy Governor's ally found with...

The EACC has recovered KES 2 million in fake currency from a close ally of Deputy Governor for Tharaka Nithi Eliud Mati. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Mudavadi given permission to join...

Musalia Mudavadi has been ghranted permission by his party to join the CORD Coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
EACC officers raid Deputy Governo...

EACC officers raided the home of a Deputy Governor as theft case continues in court. Read more...