Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


No more signings for Man United, says Moyes

31 January 2014, 22:02

Manchester - Manchester United will not be making any further signings in the January transfer window after the arrival of Juan Mata, manager David Moyes said on Friday.

With some Premier League clubs scrabbling around for last minute deals, Moyes was in a relaxed mood ahead of his side's trip to Stoke City on Saturday after securing Mata from Chelsea for 37.1 million pounds ($61.2 million) last week.

"There will be nothing happening," the United manager told reporters. "I said at the start that we wouldn't do much business in January."

Spaniard Mata made his debut in United's 2-0 win over Cardiff City on Tuesday and Moyes has been delighted with how the 25-year-old has adjusted to life at Old Trafford.

"Juan (Mata) has been everything I thought," Moyes said of United's record signing.

"He's a terrific footballer, a good lad to work with and he's settled in quickly.

"He played well in the game (against Cardiff), which was important because we wanted him to make a difference straight away.

"I'm wary that we need to give him time to settle in and not expect too much too soon, but I was impressed with his first game."

There may not be any more incomings at Old Trafford, but Moyes has let 21-year-old winger Wilfried Zaha join Cardiff City on loan until the end of the season.

"We felt Cardiff was the right choice for him," Moyes added.

"Hopefully he will go and get those games, show what he can do in the Premier League and be ready to come back to us at the end of the season."

- Reuters

- Reuters


Arsenal can last pace, says Wenger

22 October 2016, 09:37

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
EACC officers raid Deputy Governo...

EACC officers raided the home of a Deputy Governor as theft case continues in court. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
New IEBC bosses to be named Novem...

New IEBC bosses will be named on November 30. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
DP Ruto has spoilt my name, activ...

DP William Ruto has spoilt my name, activist complains. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
Apologise for attack on Auditor G...

Apologise for attack on Auditor General, President Uhuru Kenyatta is told by Kisumu Senator Anyang Nyong'o. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
Quit if you can't fight corruptio...

An MP has told President Uhuru Kenyatta to quit office if he cannot fight corruption. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
Investigate Uhuru, Ruto for corru...

Investigate President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto's offices over corruption, CORD leader Raila Odinga has said. Read more...