Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Eto'o leaves Everton for Sampdoria

27 January 2015, 18:19

London - Samuel Eto'o has completed his move from Everton to Italian club Sampdoria, signing a two-and-a-half-year deal, the English Premier League side announced Tuesday.

The 33-year-old Cameroon striker joined Everton on a free transfer from Chelsea in August and leaves after scoring four goals in 20 appearances.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez told the Merseyside club's website: "We thank Samuel for his efforts and for bringing his know-how to the team and to (Everton's training ground) Finch Farm, where he passed on some of his terrific experience to all of the young players in particular.

"The memory of his performances in Europe stand out especially. On behalf of all Evertonians, we wish him well for the next chapter in his career."

Sampdoria, who are fifth but are level on points with fourth-placed Lazio, are one of several teams hoping to battle for a third-place finish and possible Champions League spot.

Last week, Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero signed four players, including Udinese marksman Luis Muriel, and said: "Today I have brought you four pearls and maybe tomorrow there will be another."

Eto'o is now returning to Italy, where he enjoyed huge success with Inter Milan during his spell with the club in 2009-2011, including winning the treble of League, Cup and Champions League in 2010 under former coach Jose Mourinho.

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!



Reds win at Blues? No way, Jose

21 October 2016, 17:05

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Its a 1 horse race to State House...

Its a 1 horse race to State House, DP William Ruto has mocked the CORD Coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Enjoy your time left in power, We...

CORD Co Principal Moses Wetangu'la has told the Jubilee Coalition to enjoy its last few months in power before it is voted out in the 2017 elections. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Stop hiding in State House and sa...

ODM MP's have called on President Uhuru Kenyatta to release drought aid and to stop sitting on public funds. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Machakos no longer a CORD zone, M...

Machakos is now a Jubilee Party zone and no longer CORD, Governor Alfred Mutua says. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
REVEALED: Why Kalonzo attacked Uh...

There was no holding back for CORD co principal Kalonzo Musyoka as he spoke his mind during Mashujaa Day celebrations in Machakos. But why? Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
I will step down if I lose in 201...

President Uhuru Kenyatta says that he is ready to step down from office if he loses the 2017 General Elections. Read more...