Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Bayern agree deal with Roma for Benatia

26 August 2014, 23:01

Berlin - German champions Bayern Munich on Tuesday announced an agreement with Serie A side Roma for a deal to take Moroccan international defender Mehdi Benatia to the Allianz Arena.

Bayern said that the two clubs have agreed not to disclose the fee for the 27-year-old French-born centre-back, although Italian media reports on Tuesday estimated that Roma will receive around 30 million euros (23.9m, $39.6m).

That would be made up of 26 million euros initially, with a further four million in potential bonuses.

The Bundesliga giants had been searching for defensive reinforcements after losing Javi Martinez until the end of the calendar year when he suffered a serious knee injury in the recent defeat to Borussia Dortmund in the German SuperCup.

In addition, Brazilian right-back Rafinha is out with an ankle injury and Bayern are also having to deal with the absences of Franck Ribery and Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Benatia, who started his career in the lower leagues in France before flourishing in Serie A with Udinese and then Roma, is expected to have a medical in Bavaria in the coming days before signing a five-year contract, Bayern said.

He joined Roma last year from Udinese on a contract through to 2018.

Bayern began the new Bundesliga season with a 2-1 win against Wolfsburg last Friday. They travel to Schalke this coming Saturday evening.

Roma are expected to replace Benatia with Greek international defender Kostas Manolas of Olympiakos, who was in the Italian capital on Tuesday to undergo a medical before penning a five-year deal for a reported fee of 13 million euros.



Mikel: I respect Conte's decisions

26 October 2016, 20:51

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Cyril Mike Odhiz
Kenyans furious on young lady aft...

A young Kenyan woman is the talk of town after she posted a photo with her elderly lover after a round of steamy sex, or so the photo suggested.  Read more...

Submitted by
Kiplangat langat
Uhuru could be a one term Presid...

Bomet governor Isaac Ruto has said that President Uhuru Kenyatta could be a one term President if he fails to increase allocations to the counties. Read more...

Submitted by
Mody Sammy
35 year old farmer a new milliona...

A 35 year old farmer from Mpeketoni Lamu county has become the latest millionaire in town as she became winner in the ongoing ‘Shinda Mamili na Story Ibambe’. Read more...

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Leave your past relationship bagg...

Leave your past relationship baggage at the door when you start a new relationship. Read more...

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Advice from a young married Kenya...

I was just going to get water in the office kitchen and thought a simple hi was fine until I ended up in an hour long conversation with someone. Read more...

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Helping you find the type of man ...

To put it simply, you can’t go looking for fish in a meat market; you have to go to a fish market. Read more...