Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Balotelli must go to World Cup, says Prandelli

11 October 2013, 18:29

Rome - Italy manager Cesare Prandelli has said that going to the World Cup without controversial striker Mario Balotelli would be unthinkable.

"Is it possible to go to the World Cup without him? Absolutely not," Prandelli told Rai Sport ahead of Friday's Group B qualifier against Denmark.

Balotelli was selected for the squad after serving a three-match suspension for an aggressive outburst at the end of AC Milan's 2-1 defeat by Napoli last month, breaking Prandelli's player code of ethics.

"I'm convinced that Mario won't do anything out of the ordinary again and that he'll arrive at the World Cup well prepared," Prandelli said.

"I spoke to him and he said that was his dream. He needs to leave his problems behind and stop being the character that he's become."

Italy have already qualified for next year's World Cup in Brazil after winning Group B with two games to spare.

Balotelli will be rested for the Denmark match after picking up a thigh injury.

- Reuters


WRAP: English Premiership

23 October 2016, 09:33

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Wilon Ochieng
Labour Party to dump both Jubilee...

The Labour Party of Kenya is likely to avoid supportoing both the CORD and Jubilee factions during the 2017 General Elections. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Ukambani MP quits Jubilee, to run...

An Ukambani MP has quit the Jubilee Party, citing voter apathy as his reason behind leaving the ruling coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government launches probe into Po...

The government has launched an inquiry into the circumstances that could have led to two National Police Service helicopter accidents in August and September this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilwon Ochieng
Deputy Governor's ally found with...

The EACC has recovered KES 2 million in fake currency from a close ally of Deputy Governor for Tharaka Nithi Eliud Mati. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Mudavadi given permission to join...

Musalia Mudavadi has been ghranted permission by his party to join the CORD Coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
EACC officers raid Deputy Governo...

EACC officers raided the home of a Deputy Governor as theft case continues in court. Read more...