Argentine suspects in FIFA scandal surrender
18 June 2015, 17:14
Buenos Aires -Two Argentine businessmen wanted on US charges of bribing FIFA officials have surrendered, the justice ministry said Thursday.
Father and son marketing executives Hugo and Mariano Jinkis, the owners of sports marketing company Full Play, are among the 14 football officials and marketing executives indicted by the United States in a sweeping investigation into corruption at the heart of world football's governing body.
The pair appeared early Thursday before a federal judge in Buenos Aires, the ministry said.
Argentinian sports marketing executive Alejandro Burzaco turned himself in to police in Italy last week.
Full Play held the TV rights to the South American World Cup qualifying matches and is accused of bribing FIFA officials for multi-million-dollar contracts.
They also co-owned another company involved in the case, Datisa, with Burzaco.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!