List of Russians banned from Rio
27 July 2016, 19:16
Moscow - International sports federations and Russia's
Olympic Committee on Monday began to announce the Russian competitors who will
be sidelined from the Rio Games over past doping offences.
The announcements come one day after the International Olympic
Committee (IOC) said it would be up to sports federations to determine which
Russians are eligible to compete in Rio.
In addition to the 67 track and field athletes banned from
international competition by the International Association of Athletics Federation
(IAAF), here is a preliminary list of 13 Russian competitors who have been
sidelined from Rio:
- Swimming -
- Yulia Efimova, 24, bronze medal winner in the 200-metre
breaststroke at the 2012 London Games. Four-time world champion.
- Vladimir Morozov, 24, won bronze in the 4x100 freestyle
relay at the 2012 London Games.
- Nikita Lobintsev, 27, won bronze in the 4x100 freestyle
relay at the 2012 London Games, won silver at the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Mikhail Dovgalyuk, 21, 4x200m freestyle relay
- Natalia Lovtsova, 28, 50m freestyle
- Anastasia Krapivina, 21, marathon swimmer
- Daria Ustinova, 17, won bronze at the 2013 world
Also read: Russia says at least 8 athletes to miss Rio under IOC rule
- Rowing -
- Ivan Balandin, 27, men's eight
- Anastasia Karabelshchikova, 31, women's eight
- Ivan Podshivalov, 34, men's four
- Weightlifting -
- Tatiana Kashirina, won silver at the 2012 London Games
- Anastasia Romanova, 24, won bronze at the 2015 world
- Freestyle wrestling
- Viktor Lebedev, 28, two-time world championFor
the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us
on Twitter and like our Facebook page.