Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Red Bull deny Webber exit

28 March 2013, 16:04

Red Bull on Wednesday denied reports Mark Webber will surely leave Red Bull at the end of the season.

Major German daily Bild reported it has learned the 36-year-old Australian will depart F1 at the end of his 2013 contract.

A similar claim was made by Webber's manager Flavio Briatore, who said he is now sure either Webber or Sebastian Vettel will split with the team as a result of the Malaysia team orders saga.


But Red Bull told the BBC on Wednesday that the claims are "pure speculation".

"We are two races into the current season and it's far too early to be talking about 2014," the team said in a statement.

Red Bull said the Vettel/Webber pairing had been highly successful, but also survived periods of "intense rivalry", including their collision in Turkey during the 2010 season and occasions that have seen both drivers "ignoring team orders at different times".

"The team has managed the situation each time in its own way behind closed doors," said the team.

Stay with Wheels24 for the 2013 Formula 1 season – fresh reports every day.

- Wheels24


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Four wards to elect new MCAs in b...

This follows the death of former office holders between April and August this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Ben Wangui
Justice Isaac Lenaola appointed a...

He replaces retired Justice Philip Tunoi.

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...