Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Bets on for Massa, Lewis collision

11 November 2011, 18:02

Abu Dhabi - Ferrari's Felipe Massa and McLaren's Lewis Hamilton kept their Formula 1 feud simmering as bookmakers offered odds on them colliding again in Abu Dhabi.

The two drivers have had a magnetic attraction for each other on the track this season, chalking up six incidents in 17 races.

The most recent was in India at the end of last month, with Massa punished by stewards for causing a collision and then presenting himself as the wronged party.

Asked whether he had spoken to Hamilton since India, Massa told reporters at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that there had been no conversation and he was still clearly aggrieved at getting the drive-through penalty.

Hamilton said he felt the whole incident was 'done and dusted' without any need for a meeting.

The 2008 champion denied it was getting harder to mend fences as more time passed.


Hamilton said: "Not really. If you want to be a man about it, be a man about it and sort it out.

"But it has to come from two people, and if one doesn't want to do that then you just continue going down the route you are going down, and you try to be professional," he said.

British bookmakers saw a commercial opportunity.

William Hill were taking bets at 14-1 on a seventh coming together at the Yas Marina circuit while Ladbrokes offered a less generous 5-1.

Massa was not impressed by either.

Massa said: "I don't think so, and anyway I will do everything right, which is what I've done all the time.

"I've not done anything wrong. Even though we've touched this year it has not been my fault," he said.

- Reuters

Join in the conversation on News24 Kenya’s Facebook page

Get the latest news by following us on Twitter


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Wilwon Ochieng
Deputy Governor's ally found with...

The EACC has recovered KES 2 million in fake currency from a close ally of Deputy Governor for Tharaka Nithi Eliud Mati. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Mudavadi given permission to join...

Musalia Mudavadi has been ghranted permission by his party to join the CORD Coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
EACC officers raid Deputy Governo...

EACC officers raided the home of a Deputy Governor as theft case continues in court. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
New IEBC bosses to be named Novem...

New IEBC bosses will be named on November 30. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
DP Ruto has spoilt my name, activ...

DP William Ruto has spoilt my name, activist complains. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
Apologise for attack on Auditor G...

Apologise for attack on Auditor General, President Uhuru Kenyatta is told by Kisumu Senator Anyang Nyong'o. Read more...