CORD: Saba Saba rally to go on as planned
03 July 2014, 10:44
Nairobi - Politicians from the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (CORD) Wednesday said the planned Saba Saba rally would go on at Uhuru Park and they were not aware of any parallel meeting scheduled on the same venue by their Jubilee counterparts.
Led by Siaya Senator, James Orengo, the politicians said they met with the Inspector General of Police, David Kimaiyo who assured them that the meeting would go ahead as planned, Daily Nation reports.
This comes after reports emerged that both Jubilee and CORD had applied for the same venue to hold their rallies on 7 July.
Police spokesman Masoud Mwinyi confirmed the reports but said a decision on who would be given a permit was yet to be made.
However, Orengo dispelled the reports saying Kimaiyo would have informed them if Jubilee had already booked the venue.
- For more visit Daily Nation
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!