WATCH: ODM MP's Nairobi home burnt in huge fire
25 May 2016, 15:43
Nairobi - A Kenyan Member of Parliament is out in the cold after his house was razed in a fire in the east African country's capital Nairobi.
Property valued at millions of shillings was destroyed in the fire incident which took place in the apartment building housing the family of Mbalambala MP Abdikadir Aden.
Mbalambala is a constituency in Garissa County Northern Kenya, some 600 kilometres north east of Nairobi.
The Standard reported that the MP’s family ran out of the house as the fire raged from one room to the other burning valuables.
No injury was reported but fire engines arrived and managed to contain it in the incident which took place just after 9 Pm local time.
Nairobi police boss Japheth Koome said they were investigating the incident.
Other reports, carried by Nairobi News stated that the cause of the fire was thought to be an electrical fault caused by a faulty water pumping system.
The MP was not at home when the incident took place.
Citizen TV reported further that fire-fighters arrived at the scene in a timely manner and put out the fire before it could cause extensive damage to the whole building.