WATCH: Man dies after consuming honey in Nyeri
25 January 2016, 13:31
Nyeri - A 56-year-old guard at a Nyeri timber yard died on Sunday after consuming poisonous wild honey.
According to Standard, the incident happened at Salulu Mart Timbers Saw Millers where Stanley was working as a watchman.
Three other employees at the yard, John Irungu, James Githinji and Peter Nyangau, said they found the honey inside one of the logs they had received on Sunday, and feasted on it.
They told NTV that the watchman started complaining of stomachache immediately after consuming the honey, and was given a glass of water.
Read Also: 30 people in hospital after drinking poisoned milk
However, when they started vomiting, they left the watchman resting at the yard and rushed to hospital.
The watchman was unlucky as he succumbed to the food poisoning while the three are recuperating at Nyeri Referral hospital.
Watch the video here:
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!