Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Revealed: Top rape hotspots in Nairobi

14 April 2016, 14:54

Nairobi - A new report by Medecins San Frontieres (MSF) reveals that 2,421 rape cases were reported in Nairobi last year.

The report also revealed the top 12 rape hotspots in the city, with slum areas being the most notorious spots for gender and sex violence.

According to Standard Digital, 92.3 per cent of the rape victims were women while the remaining 7.7 per cent were men.

About 15 per cent of the victims reported previous assault.

Read Also: Sex for marks at Makerere University

This is the full list of the rape hotspots according to Nairobi News:

1. Kasarani – Githurai, Roysambu, Kahawa, West, Maruirui, Santon, Mwiki, USIU, and Kenyatta University
2. Kayole – Soweto, Donholm, Umoja, Jacaranda, Saika and Komarock
3. Eastleigh – Biafra, Kiambio, Jam Street, Pumwani, Majengo and California
4. Mathare – all sections
5. Dandora – Phase one to four, Kitari, Marigo and Molem
6. Kariobangi – Korogocho, Glucola, Kasabuni and Ngomongo
7. Mukuru – Kwa Njenga, Kayaba, Sinai, Lunga Lunga, Reuben, Industrial Area, Kingstone, Paradise, Fuata Nyayo, Marigoini,  Hazina and South B
8. Central Business District (CBD) – Muthurwa, Country Bus, Pangani, Ngara, Parklands, Westlands and Kamukunji
9. Embakasi – Tassia, Utawala, Mihango, and Pipeline
10. Huruma – Kiamaiko, Ngei, Flats, Shanties, Round about, and Huruma Corner
11. Njiru – Ruai, Kariobangi South, Kamulu and Joska
12. Makadara – Nyayo, Mbotela, Maringo, Jericho, Harambee, and Buruburu

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!

- News24


Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Types of men that are a waste of ...

Most women end up heartbroken because they were trying to convince the wrong man to be in a relationship/ marriage. Read more...

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Cheating is hardwork!

Cheating, although enjoyable by the person doing it initially, it gets to a point they start realizing that it was never even worth it. Read more...

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Dating that one person that socie...

Works at a massage parlour. Works at Millionaires Club (that one on Baricho road) - you know the ones I am talking about. Read more...

Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
Submitted by
Shakila Alivitsa
What do men mean when they say th...

As much as men think they are the ones confused by relationships, they have a better idea of it than most women actually do. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
ODM rebels sweat in Kisii as Oran...

ODM rebels are sweating in Kisii after the Orange Party won by elections despite concerted efforts by the ruling Jubilee Party to win the elections. Read more...