No Kenyan will be tried before the ICC - Kenyatta
17 April 2016, 13:26
Nairobi – President Kenyatta vowed at the thanksgiving
prayer at the Afraha Stadium that no Kenyan will ever again go before the International
Criminal Court over the postelection violence.
According to Capital FM he said that if anybody breaks the
law they will be tried before Kenyan courts.
There are currently three Kenyans wanted by the ICC over
alleged witness tampering saying they will be tried at home.
Also read: GALLERY: Thanksgiving Prayer Service.
Former journalist Walter Barasa, lawyer Paul Gicheru and
Phillip Bett are wanted by the ICC for witness tampering over the case against Deputy
President William Ruto and journalist Joshua Sang.
Former Head of Civil Service Francis Muthaura, ex Minister
Henry Kosgey and former police boss Major-General (rtd) Hussein Ali were also
up for charges.
President Uhuru Kenyatta and five others who had been
charged with crimes against humanity at the International Criminal Court
celebrated over the weekend for their acquittal.
A massive rally was hosted on Saturday Kenyatta said the acquittal
is a testimony to their commitment to
reduce tensions between the political and ethnic groups.
Ford Kenya leader Moses Wetangula and presidential hopeful took a swipe at President Uhuru and Deputy President William for failing to address the victims of 2007/2008 Post Election Violence while attending the Nakuru thanksgiving ceremony.
He said the compensation plan they have in place is biased.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!