More than 24 Maralal resident hospitalised due to food poisoning
08 August 2016, 18:02
Nairobi – More than 24 Maralal town residents have been hospitalised for consuming rotten beef.
According to The Star they were submitted to Samburu County Referral hospital after eating a cow which was died from an unknown disease.
Samburu hospital doctor the patients experience symptoms of diarrhoea, stomach pains as well as vomiting.
Patients mostly affected were between the ages of 15 to 20 years old.
Also read: Man jailed for stealing his neighbour’s goats worth KES.17K.
Atandi warned residents to be more cautious when consuming food.
The Times revealed statistics the World Health Organisation (WHO) gathered from 2010 indicating that 351 000 people die globally every year from contaminated food.
Contaminated food is consumed when it is undercooked (meat, fruit, vegetables) which are contaminated by feces, and toxin-filled shellfish.