Anger as Kenyan court reduces sentences of Iranian terror suspects
24 February 2016, 16:06
Nairobi - Two Iranians who had been jailed for life for planning terror attacks
will now serve 15 years for being in the country illegally.
Luka Kimaru said in a report on Capital News that the terror sentence against Ahmad Mohammad and Sayed
Mousavi was not justified as the offence was "incomplete".
reduced the charges of the two, found guilty of terror crimes three
years ago, in a ruling at the High Court in Nairobi on Wednesday.
The Anti-Terrorism Police Unit had opposed their release saying they posed a danger to the public.
Read also: Uhuru told to replace Ruto with Moi if he wants to win 2017 polls
The Star reported further that Mohammad and Mousavi were arrested in Mombasa in June 2012 after being found with an RDX explosive.
The two led police to a 15-kg stash, which bomb experts said was capable of bringing down the tallest building in the country.
They had reportedly shipped in 100 kg of the explosive, 85 of which have never been found.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!