Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Yebei controversy heightens as DNA results declared negative

22 January 2015, 13:20

Nairobi - The controversy surrounding the death of Meshack Yebei has sunk even deeper after DNA results of the body thought to be his showed he was not the one.

According to police officers handling the case, 99 percent of the results showed that the body belonged to Yusuf Hussein, who his family members said disappeared on 25 December, 2014, The Standard reported.

The Director of Criminal Investigations Department Ndegwa Muhoro said they are still carrying out investigations to ascertain the whereabouts of Yebei, who was one of the witnesses in Deputy President William Ruto’s case at the International Criminal Court.

Also read: Police claim body not of dead ICC witness

Yusuf’s family is now expected to pick the body from Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Mortuary for burial.

This however may not turn out well with Yebei’s family who claimed the body belongs to their kin and even filed filed a suit at the Eldoret Law Courts to stop the government from releasing the body from the mortuary pending the release of DNA test results.

Initially, Yebei's family was opposed to the taking of DNA samples for the tests saying they had positively identified him.

 - For more visit The Standard

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!

- News24

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...