Third terror suspect abducted in Kenya
25 May 2012, 19:48
Nairobi - Rights officials are accusing the Kenyan government of running an official campaign to eliminate suspected terrorists following the disappearance of a terror suspect this week - the third disappearance this year.
Lawyer Mbugua Mureithi said on Friday that Sylvester Opiyo, the "usual suspect" in terrorism investigations, was abducted by armed men Wednesday after the car he was travelling in broke down in western Kenya.
Opiyo has been arrested several times following a series of grenade attacks that intensified after Kenya sent troops to Somalia in October. Two terror suspects were abducted by armed men last month. One was found dead two days later, mutilated. The other has not been found.
Police spokesman Eric Kiraithe says the allegations are unfounded.