Mombasa attack suspects had been arrested in Masjid Musa
05 May 2014, 08:16
Mombasa - Police had arrested two men who are suspected to have carried out the terror attack at a bus station in Mombasa during the Masjid Musa raid in February.
Henry Ondiek, a top CID officer in Mombasa said the two; Suleiman Mohamed Said and Jamal Mohamed Awadh were freed in unclear circumstances after the raid and are suspected to be behind the attack at Mwembe Tayari on Saturday night, The Standard reports.
However, it is believed that they died in the explosion.
The attackers threw an explosive device at passengers at the bus station and a luxury hotel in the coastal city was damaged in a separate blast.
Powerful explosions ripped through two passenger buses in Nairobi on Sunday, causing casualties in another attack.
The buses blew up on Thika Road close to the city centre.
- For more visit The Standard
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!.