Safaricom blocks 800,000 unregistered SIM cards
04 January 2013, 16:36
Nairobi - Safaricom has blocked 800,000 unregistered SIM cards as the mobile phone service provider implements a directive by the Government.
According to The Standard, Safaricom CEO Bob Collymore said in a statement that the unregistered SIM cards were blocked on Thursday evening and they will block more numbers in phases.
The first phase of the switch off was conducted on Thursday evening after the system had been updated with registrations that came in on the 31st of December 2012, Collymore said in the statement.
- For more visit The Standard