Kenya Power employee electrocuted after mishap
27 November 2013, 12:52
Nairobi - One person died and four others were seriously injured when they were electrocuted in Nairobi’s Donholm Area on Tuesday, reports the Standard.
The five, all Kenya Power workers, were on repair duty on site when they touched a live wire. One of them died on the spot while the others were seriously burnt and rushed to hospital.
According to police, investigations are currently underway to determine why power supply was restored whilst the crew was on duty.
Incidences of electrocution are common in Nairobi and especially in the slum areas where there are plenty of illegal connections. Police have warned the public to be wary.
- For more visit the Standard.