Gunmen kill 15 more in new attack on Mpeketoni
17 June 2014, 09:41
Nairobi - Gunmen killed at least eight people in a second night of attacks on Kenya's coast, after a raid on the town of Mpeketoni left at least 48 dead, the Kenya Red Cross and the Al- Shabaab said on Tuesday.
Red Cross coordinator for the coast Mwanaisha Hamisi told Reuters that gunmen on Monday night attacked Poromoko area near Mpeketoni, which lies on the coast between Mombasa and the Somali border in the north, killing at least eight people.
But during a press conference in the area Tuesday, Interior cabinet secretary Joseph Ole Lenku said that there had been more bodies found.
" There are at-least 15 more bodies found. We are still trying to ascertain if the attacks were indeed carried out Monday night, he said.
There are yet to be any arrests made.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!