Atwoli respects Court process as NSSF battle continues
31 July 2014, 17:00
Nairobi - COTU boss Francis Atwoli says his respect for judicial processes has ensured his decision to suspend the workers strike planned for next week.
Atwoli had called on Labour Cabinet Secretary Kazungu Kambi to rescind the decision to retire him from the board of the National Social Security Fund NSSF or risk a workers strike set for Monday 4 August.
However last week, a decision by magistrate Hannah Mumbi to stop the decision temporarily has ensured Atwoli stops the strike.
" I will respect the court process and stop the strike until it is completed, he said Thursday.
COTU and the Federation of Kenya employers FKE who had Jacqueline Mugo also retired have said that the decision to retire them is illegal.
Kambi has insisted that the two have served their terms at NSSF as stated in the new NSSF act.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!