60 year old man claiming to be Ntimama's son fails to stop funeral
09 September 2016, 17:17
Nairobi - The High Court has declined to stop William Ntimama's burial for a man claiming to be his son to carry out DNA testing.
Justice Joseph Onguto said George Njoroge should have done the tests before the former Heritage minster died.
The Star sated that the judge also said he was not convinced the orders Njoroge sought were
urgent enough to warrant the court's interference with the burial set
for September 14.
"Whatever the petition wants can be obtained
even after the funeral. I do not see any urgency in this matter," the
judge ruled on Friday.
Read also: Monday a public holiday, government declares
The 60-year old businessman moved to the court to stop Ntimama's burial saying he wanted to be recognised as his son.
The Daily Nation added that the judge said the test could even have been taken in the past one year,
considering that his lawyer insisted that the two had been in touch
only that George Karanja had not been introduced to the family.
Consequently, the burial arrangements will proceed as scheduled with the court's verdict as of now.
The case will be mentioned on October 25.