3 suffocate to death in Nairobi
11 February 2016, 21:14
Nairobi - Three people suffocated to death after inhaling fumes from a cooking stove in Mukuru slums Nairobi.
The Star reports that the two women and a man are believed to have slept with windows closed
after they left food on the jiko (charcoal cooking stove), police said.
The victims, who are Ugandan nationals, have been living in the house since last year.
Their bodies were taken to City mortuary.
Just last week, the Daily Nation reported that the sister of the late gospel artiste Angela Chibalonza, Mamy Runiga, was found dead in her Nyayo Estate house in Embakasi.
Police records show she was found dead in her bathroom after also lighting up a stove for heat in the house and inhaling carbon-monoxide.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!