Why people need to interact with nature and wildlife
10 October 2016, 09:14
Urban life has disconnected people from nature and wildlife. People are now spending more time in the cities working 24 hours without a break, thus denying themselves of the chance to experience life outside the city. The few who understand the value of going out to experience the free gifts of nature or watch wildlife spend years saving for this exercise.
These are the benefits of interacting with nature and wildlife:
1. Nature and wildlife have been found to boost your immunity. Smelling the fresh salty air at the sea shore, pollen or walking by the park are attributed to stronger immunity systems. When you sit or stand to watch wildlife, you are able to relax completely and forget all your stressors in life.
2. Some specific types of plants generate a scent that also helps relieve your Central Nervous System. Passion flowers among other flowers that are found in the natural habitats are known to relieve anxiety, depression, stress and related conditions. They make you stronger and stimulate your white blood cells thus giving you more protection against some diseases through the simple art of aromatherapy.
3. Nature and wildlife are among the leading factors for stronger body, longer life and effective stress relief. Going out in the sun is among the most effective natural stress relievers. You need to get out in the morning or late evening to enjoy the sun and obtain vitamin D which plays many roles within your body, and also get rid of any stress buildup.
4. Submerging your body or part of of it in a stream of water also has the same stress relieving effect. This is why swimmers rarely get stressed. Visit a spring nearby and play with kids inside the water, or visit a nearby river, sit on a rock at the shores while dipping your feet inside.
5. Swimming is also a wholesome exercise that is also recommended for a better body. Females can obtain more feminine features through swimming, while men can obtain more masculine bodies from the exercise. A bigger bust and butt are among the known positive impacts of swimming.
6. Walking at the park, down the river or climbing a mountain is great exercise that not only strengthens your body, but also boosts your blood circulation. This exercise also helps burn the fats that could have been the cause of poor heart functionality in the future.
7. The natural environment is free from major pollutants, and this makes you stay stronger and healthier for longer. Spending more time in a natural environment gives you the opportunity to stay away from polluted air in the city. This is the time you spend watching the wildebeest migrate, the birds feeding, mating or moving as well as collecting shells at the shores of the ocean.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.