Why do younger men prefer older women?
08 July 2016, 11:14
There is an upsurge of older women dating younger men in town. It is not uncommon to find such couples holding hands in public parks or pushing a trolley together at the Supermarket. The staring eyes, sneers and looking down your nose at them does not deter them. They move about their business with aplomb, unperturbed.
I personally don’t find anything wrong with it as long as no one is exploiting the other. When a younger man meets the need for companionship in an older woman and she in turn rewards him in kind with a commitment of love, support and marriage then a symbiotic relationship has been achieved.
There are many reasons why the younger men (below 30) prefer these older women (late 30’s and early 40’s).
Read Also: Why you don't need a university degree
They include the following;
1. The men find the younger women who have been weaned on social media and movie series, immature, materialistic and superficial.
2. They prefer the older women who know what they want, are self-assured and stable emotionally. The older women carry themselves with poise and what they lack in youthfulness, they compensate in experience and patience.
3. The older woman also knows how to treat the men better and appreciates the man more. With the age difference come reversal of roles and he is treated as the object of affection /sex object due to his youthful frame.
4. The older women are more lenient, accepting and accommodating to him. He finds less drama and more leadership and guidance from her as she is more than willing to lead the relationship.
5. Many boys raised by their moms are still looking for another mom to take care of them financially and emotionally. The younger women are a lot of work for them so the natural choice is the older woman; what the Americans call a MILF.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.